Wednesday 22 August 2012

Spank-a-noia

I suffer from spanking paranoia, or spankanoia.

What I mean by this is that when my husband decides a spanking is warranted I am sometimes overcome with an overwhelming paranoia that someone will hear us.  Visions of neighbours banging down the door to find out what is going on dance through my head and I find it hard to concentrate on anything else.

Of course, this is an issue faced by all DD couples, how to spank 'privately' and there are ways around this I know, such as quiet implements, sound proofing the bedroom etc.

On one occasion, a neighbour dropped in to visit very shortly after a spanking.  I have wondered ever since whether she had heard something and thought she had better come over and check.  Though, of course, nothing has ever been said.

Our private life is just that - it's private.  We don't openly share the domestic discipline aspect of our relationship with family and friends (or anyone for that matter).  Though I think it's fairly obvious to most that Rick is the decision maker and that I defer to him.

My husband would never choose a time to conduct a spanking where there may be any likelihood of us shouting it out to the world (so to speak).  I know this, yet sometimes, the paranoia kicks in ... What?  Are you kidding?  You can't spank me now!

I try to trust in the decision my husband has made, submit to the discipline and focus on the issue that got me in this predicament in the first place.  Funnily enough, once the spanking commences my focus usually changes and the paranoia subsides.



4 comments:

  1. I think we both suffer from this here. If there is anyone else in the house, he doesn't spank, not even with a quiet implement.

    We'll see how long that lasts.

    LOL...I can see how the spanking itself gets your mind off the problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's pretty common among us DD wives Lol. My husband doesn't spank either if there is anyone else in the house. Yes, isn't it strange how the paranoia suddenly leaves me once the spanking starts Lol

      Delete
  2. Conversation with our 7-year-old:

    Mom?

    Yes, love.

    Was there a kid on tv getting smacked last night in your movie?

    Noooooooooooooooo, you must have been dreaming. O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, oh dear Lol. Tricky isn't it. Love you reply, hope it was accepted!

      Delete