Friday 10 February 2012

What Would They Say?

One of the challenges of a dd relationship is not being able to openly discuss it with family and friends (unless they also practice dd).

My parents dropped in unannounced last Saturday and found me in the middle of dusting, polishing etc.  They usually find me engaged in such activities whenever they drop in unannounced at the weekend and this time my father said "you know, you really don't have to do this every week.  It doesn't really need it".  I bit my lip, smiled to myself and replied "oh yes I do".  You see, one of my rules is that all housework must be completed by Saturday afternoon each week.  Rick likes to ensure the house is always kept clean and tidy.  So do I.  Truth be told I am a bit of an obsessive compulsive (which occasionally gets me in trouble).

I should clarify (in case you are wondering  - and in case he reads this!) Rick does get involved in housework and general chores around the home.  In fact, he is great in this respect, but having the rule in place ensures that the house is maintained.

I told him about Dad's comment and he also saw the funny side and irony.

Hmm, do I listen to Dad or Rick?  Let me think for a minute...


2 comments:

  1. stop thinking, your backside knows the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas, Lol - well, I can't argue with you there!

      Delete